The new Vortex 250 PRO is certainly one of the contenders for the best ARF racing drone(Almost Ready To Fly) on the market. With a price tag of $489 it represents a serious step from starter drone kits to a serious flyer. The package is fully built but lacks a controller, receiver and the batteries to get you started.
The build quality of this racer is one of its main buying points. It’s extremely sturdy to the point it feels invulnerable to routine crashes and accidents. With a sleek design and 8 24-bit RGB programmable LEDs sitting on it’s tail the Vortex 250 is a real eye-pleaser. It’s also really fast, sustaining speeds of up to 60 mph. Everything on the Vortex 250 is made to please the pilot as it was built on user feedback from it’s extremely successful predecessor and big brother, the Vortex 285.
The built-in on-screen display (OSD) allows you to do just about anything, from changing your video channel to fine-tuning your racer and even changing the color combinations of the LED’s. Any receiver you get will be automatically detected and with an on-screen setup and calibration guide you will be ready to fly in no time. With a number of included profiles you don’t have to spend time on fine tuning if you don’t feel comfortable and would just like to get your beast in the air. It also comes with a built-in mount and a power source for your GoPro camera. For a more in depth tutorial on setting the Vortex 250 up check out the tutorial bellow:
The package includes as follows:
- 2204-2300kV Custom Motors, with custom 20A ESCs
- 250-sized Mini-Quad with 4mm CF arms
- 3k Twill-weave Carbon Fiber and custom injected plastic design
- Integrated ‘F3’ Flight Controller, pre-loaded with Cleanflight
- Integrated full-graphic OSD, with on-screen control of.. everything
- On-board BlackBox recorder to aid in pro-tuning
- Integrated 40 channel NexWaveRF 5.8GHz Video Tx with Dynamic Power Control
- Race-tuned out of the box, with Pro-tuning options
- Tiltable, Vibration-free Camera mount
- GoPro (3/4) mount included
There are always those kinds of product designed to please a broad range of users with an acceptable price tag. The ImmersionRC Vortex 250 PRO, with its included flying profiles and easy tuning is just that, a drone built for beginners as well as serious racers. Without doubt this the the best racing drone when it comes to durability and built quality in the price range with performance and speed that match and surpass certain competitors.